XS CrossFit has developed an exciting new strength and conditioning program that is devoted to meeting and exceeding the needs of student athletes here in our community. It combines high-intensity CrossFit workouts with a safe weightlifting regimen. You won’t see bicep curls, calf raises and mindless cardio here. You will see constantly varied, functional movements such as box jumps, Kettlebell swings, pull-ups and speed and agility drills used to provide each dedicated athlete with tremendous gains in overall fitness and skill level. This along with sport specific skill work will allow each athlete’s new level of fitness to translate onto the field/court. During this program we will look to improve in the following fitness domains.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
We can work with teams to set up the best time for the classes. It is up to the coach on how long the team can do the program for. I would recommend at least 6 weeks of doing 2 or 3 sessions a week. We can run class sizes around 25. If you have more then 25 we can set up a Varsity team on Mondays and Wednesdays and a JV Team on Tuesdays and Thursdays or if we run the program in the summer we can setup the classes back to back. Please feel free to call or email us at [email protected] about pricing and any other questions you might have.